- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Rewarding and meaningful work
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling (personal, work, financial or legal).
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive benefits like income protection from our default Superannuation provider
- Achieve Job security
- We have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced and collaborative Personal Care Assistant to join our friendly team!
Casual positions available with a view to permanency
(AM -7.15am to 3.00pm, PM- 2.45 to 9.30pm)
$33.10-$35.37 p/hr casual rate
(depends on qualifications and experience)
+ 10.5% Superannuation + not for profit packaging
The position is based at Kilsyth!
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories.
We are here for everyone believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
About the role ...
The Personal Care Assistant will be experienced, motivated, flexible and able to coordinate with strong interpersonal skills to foster a collaborative approach to quality service delivery. The role requires a person who is skillful in the current knowledge, practice and management of all aspects of day to day responsibilities.
About you ...
You will have a flexible, caring, patient attitude and an ability to work in a professional and proficient manner.
- Minimum Cert III (Aged Care)
- Cert IV Aged Care desirable
- The ability to work with frail and/or confused elders and their families within the Accreditation Standards and funding guidelines
- The ability to accept direction and to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- The ability or willingness to speak/learn Dutch and an understanding of the Dutch culture and history
- The ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner within an ethno-specific environment
- Basic knowledge of the ageing process
- Demonstrated basic computer skills
- Recognise own abilities and level of competence
- To have a basic knowledge of Work Health and Safety procedures
A police check with no disclosable outcome, medicare evidence of current influenza and COVID-19 vaccination, including dose 3 is required by MiCare for this position.
A commitment to work exclusively with MiCare Residential Aged Care facility as your only employer during COVID-19 will be highly regarded.
How to apply ...
Please send a copy of your cover letter and Resume. Please complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Please don't delay in sending in your application as interviews will commence immediately. Applications close strictly 12th October 2022.
For Enquiries please contact Anke De Wit on [email protected]
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please