- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Loyalty Bonus at 6months ($200) and 12 months ($500)
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling support with any issue, personal, work, financial or legal.
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive insurance benefits like income protection from our Superannuation provider
- Achieve Job security
- Values based organisational culture
- Generous travel and Phone allowance
- Portable long service leave
- All personal protective equipment provided
- Engage in meaningful work helping Elders stay in their home!
We have an exciting entry level opportunity for a Personal Care Assistant who is passionate about supporting older persons continue living in their own home!
The role supports in the City of Casey
Hours are negotiable, however you must be available from Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
Casual and part-time permanent positions are available
$22.94 per hour
+ 10.5% Superannuation + Not for Profit Packaging
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories. We are here for our clients, and our staff, believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
We are committed to ensure that the MiCare client’s quality of life is enhanced through their relationship with MiCare. Your excellent interpersonal skills will enhance MiCare’s position as a provider of choice particularly for migrant communities.
About the role ...
Caring for the elderly in their homes allows you to spend one on one time with our diverse clients. You might be required to help around the house with home care duties throughout the day or help with groceries or errands.
Workers will receive on the job training and mentoring to work safe and effectively with our clients.
We have numerous aged care funded clients living in their own home. MiCare requires dedicated Carer/Support Worker to deliver a range of ‘Support at Home’ services. Each of our clients’ needs are unique therefore tasks could vary from support with light housework, laundry & ironing, meal preparation and shopping.
About you ...
You will have a flexible, caring, patient attitude and an ability to work in a professional and proficient manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Working towards a Certificate III or equivalent qualification in Aged Care Community Services
- Certificate I in Cleaning or previous experience providing domestic assistance support
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Victorian drivers licence, insured & roadworthy vehicle
- Smartphone, access to computer (printer/scanner/fax)
Skills & Experience
- A true passion and ability to support clients in their home
- Ability to communicate in a language other than English is preferable but not essential
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail, thoroughness in completing tasks
A police check with no disclosable outcome is required by MiCare for this role.
As per Government directions, current medicare evidence of influenza and full COVID-19 vaccination, including dose 3 are required by MiCare for this position.
How to apply ...
Please attach a copy of your cover letter and resume. Complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Interviews will start immediately so don't delay sending through your resume. Applications close 5th October 2022.
Please contact Renee Goodman on [email protected] or phone 0432 006 780.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please