- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Rewarding and meaningful work
- Achieve Job security
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling (personal, work, financial or legal).
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive benefits like income protection from our default Superannuation provider
- Are you an experienced and qualified Physiotherapist looking to achieve work/life balance closer to home?
Permanent part time
9am to 4pm (52 hours p/fortnight)
$33.05 - $59.84 p/hr base (depending on experience)
+ 10.5% Superannuation + not for profit packaging
The position is based in our new building at Carrum Downs!
About us ...
MiCare is a multicultural organisation serving multicultural Elders.
Join the company that makes you feel as part of the family. Whether you are interacting with Elders, fellow staff or management, you feel you belong.
MiCare Avondrust Lodge is a state of the art facility which was purpose built with both Elders and Staff in mind, to ensure effective Person Centred Care.
It has small beautiful households of 12 Elders each, with excellent ratios of 1:6 or less which enables carers to achieve best outcomes for the Elders. Social and therapeutic alliances are formed as staff bond with Elders in their households. Staff and Elders get to know each other well. Elders share their wisdom. Staff become proud advocates of these dear members of the household, to continue giving outstanding care.
At MiCare, it doesn't feel like work, it feels like a happy home where everyone looks forward to coming.
About the role ...
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Physiotherapist for our brand new Residential Aged Care Facility in Carrum Downs. Achieve work/life balance by working closer to home and trade the busyness of the city for a more idyllic suburban pace.
The Physiotherapist will ensure delivery of effective clinical services through professional and technical knowledge. The role will be pivotal in supporting inductions, buddy shifts, and student supervision / education and will provide additional support to clinicians as directed by the Facility Manager
About you ...
You will have a flexible, caring, patient attitude and an ability to work in a professional and proficient manner. You will also have excellent time management skills.
- Physiotherapy (Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent)
- Current Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Aged Care Services and relevant legislation
- Ensure all documentation complies with the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Comply with all current MiCare policies and procedures including aged care legislation and Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) requirements
- Compliance with all AN-ACC standards and relevant associated protocols
- Ability to assess, diagnose, treat conditions related to body movement and function
- Ability to prevent or manage disease and disability through movement and exercise
- Ability to administer a range of treatments to alleviate pain and restore function
- The ability to work in a culturally specific environment.
A police check with no disclosable outcome, medicare evidence of current influenza and COVID-19 vaccination is required by MiCare for this position.
A commitment to work exclusively with MiCare Residential Aged Care facility as your only employer during COVID-19 will be highly regarded.
How to apply ...
Please send a copy of your cover letter and Resume. Please complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Interviews will commence immediately so please don't delay sending through your application. Applications close strictly 7th October 2022.
Please contact Anna Seeley on [email protected]
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please