- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Rewarding and meaningful work
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling (personal, work, financial or legal).
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive benefits like income protection from our default Superannuation provider
- Achieve Job security
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Support Worker to join our friendly team!
Fixed term position ending 30th June 2023
30.4 hours per week
EA + 10.5% Superannuation + Not for profit Salary packaging
The role is based in Kilsyth
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories.
We are here for everyone believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
About the role ...
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Support Worker to join our friendly team! The successful incumbent will provide support to the Volunteers throughout the program and ensure that regulatory requirements are met, directions from the Management team are undertaken and a team approach with colleagues is demonstrated. The position has both metropolitan and state-wide responsibilities in all Australian states that MiCare receives funding.
A key function of the position is to expand the volunteer database and its programs in Victoria and some of the responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and training of volunteers
- Volunteers support and Supervision through regular contact with Volunteers
- Ensuring clients are matched with volunteers to the satisfaction of both parties
- Undertaking all associated administrative functions
- Maintaining program budget allocation and guidelines
About you ...
Your demonstrated interest in culturally and linguistically diverse services, strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and excellent administration skills will be highly regarded. You will possess a flexible, caring and patient attitude.
- Qualifications in Community Services or Aged Care are desirable
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is mandatory.
- A working knowledge of Volunteerism in Aged care services preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the community services sector.
- The ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner within an ethno-specific environment.
- The ability to work with frail and/or confused Clients and their families.
- The ability to work within a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and staff development.
- Experience working in a Volunteer capacity desirable
- Demonstrated computer skills including accuracy and numeric skills
- The ability to speak another language preferred
A police check with no disclosable outcome, current medicare evidence of current influenza vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination, including dose 3 is required by MiCare for this position.
A commitment to work exclusively with MiCare Residential Aged Care facility as your only employer during COVID-19 will be highly regarded.
How to apply ...
Please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume. Complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Please don't delay sending through your applications as interviews will commence effectively. Applications close 21st October 2022.
Please contact Yvonne Philips Email: [email protected]
Previous Candidates need not apply!
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please