- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Rewarding and meaningful work
- Achieve Job security
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling (personal, work, financial or legal).
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive benefits like income protection from our default Superannuation provider
Are you a Payroll Supervisor with strong reporting and leadership experience looking to achieve work/life balance closer to home?
Full time Permanent Position
- Monday to Friday
- 76 hours p/fortnight
$82-$100K (depending on skill/experience)
+ 10.5% Superannuation + Not for profit salary packaging benefits
The role is hybrid
Work from Home / office in Carrum Downs.
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories.
We are here for everyone believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
About the role ...
The Payroll Supervisor will supervise payroll for MiCare staff and ensure they are paid in a timely manner. Achieve work/life balance by working close to home and trade the busyness of the city for a more idyllic suburban pace.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for processing payroll with
a team of two staff, addressing anomalies accurately within required timeframes.
The position will be responsible for responding to internal and external enquiries, reconciliations, management reporting and workflow
management. The role will develop and maintain effective relationships
both internally and externally. Previous experience in a similar role within a not for profit/aged care organisation highly regarded but not essential.
About you ...
You will have a flexible, caring, patient attitude and an ability to work in a professional and proficient manner. Excellent time management abilities and a preparedness to work to the 10 principles of the Eden Alternative philosophy
- A qualification relevant to the role and function of this position
- Business/Finance qualifications will be well regarded
- Strong reporting knowledge gained from a Senior Payroll role
- Previous experience managing a team
- Understanding of report creation process and ability to learn a new system quickly
- Experience in documenting reporting requirements, Grant submissions and Portable Long Service Leave
- Advanced Excel skills is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Experience in Enterprise Agreement and Award interpretation highly regarded
- CareSystems/CarePay experience would be ideal, however experience using other payroll software is acceptable
- Knowledge of payroll end-to-end process around on-boarding, transfers,
terminations, payroll processing, adjustments, overpayment recovery, leave and finance reconciliations
A police check with no disclosable outcome, medicare evidence of current influenza and COVID-19 vaccination, including dose 3 is required by MiCare for this position.
A commitment to work exclusively with MiCare Residential Aged Care facility as your only employer during COVID-19 will be highly regarded.
How to apply ...
Please send a copy of your Cover letter and Resume and complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Interviews will be commencing immediately for suitable candidates, so please don't delay and apply asap. Applications close strictly 7th October 2022.
Please contact Narelle Ashcroft on [email protected]
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please