- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Rewarding and meaningful work
- Achieve Job security
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling (personal, work, financial or legal).
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive benefits like income protection from our default Superannuation provider
Are you a Qualified Chef?
Join our friendly kitchen team and prepare appetizing food to reflect preferences of our valuable Aged Care residents.
Permanent part time position
Monday to Thursday (day shift hours)
34 hour per week
Save on Petrol by working closer to home
The position is located in the seaside suburb of Seaford!
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories.
We are here for everyone believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
About the role ...
We are looking for a permanent part time Chef based in our kitchen at Seaford VIC.
A key function of the role is to assist the Chef/ Manager in maintaining an agreed standard of catering and food preparation to ensure quality and variety of food, with optimal use of resources. The person we are looking for will be able to have a demonstrated interest in cultural cooking, and strong interpersonal skills. You will have the ability to work independently and in a team environment, exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate information and in a timely fashion.
About you ...
You will excel in your ability to manage time. You will be self-motivated with a flexible, caring, patient attitude. Your preparedness to work to the 10 principles of the Eden Alternative philosophy, advantageous.
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety certificate
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery preferred but not essential
- Current Driver's licence
- Proven track record working in accordance with various state based health regulations and the Food Safety Act.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency at catering for 200 plus people.
- An ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner within an ethno-specific environment
- The ability to understand and cook cultural cuisine
- Knowledge of and experience with Cook Chill Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of dietary requirements for the elderly
- An ability to work well in a team environment, with good communication skills
- A flexible, caring and patient attitude
A police check with no disclosable outcome, current flu vaccination and a COVID-19 vaccination is required by MiCare for this position.
A commitment to work exclusively with MiCare Residential Aged Care facility as your only employer during COVID-19 will be highly regarded.
How to apply ...
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Please complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Interviews will start immediately so please don't delay sending through your application. Applications close 13th Feb 2023.
Contact Sue Pyper P: (03) 7001 2549 E: [email protected]
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please